Yorkshire Housing Tenants First!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas Service Checks- beware!!

Go down

Are you satisfied with the general level of customer service?

Gas Service Checks- beware!!  Vote_lcap0%Gas Service Checks- beware!!  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Gas Service Checks- beware!!  Vote_lcap0%Gas Service Checks- beware!!  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Gas Service Checks- beware!!  Empty Gas Service Checks- beware!!

Post by Admin Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:57 pm

This is a sore point. The tenant is responsible for allowing access for these important checks. Unfortunately, at my block no appointments were made this year and the service men arrived without warning. I made an appointment to allow access today but nobody turned up and it seems no record was on the system. I am still responsible it seems and am now warned that my tenancy is at risk! Despite being "customers" no compensation is offered by YH for wasted hours or taking needless time off work.

This feels like groundhog day because this happened last year but back then  an engineer actually threatening a tenant with potential eviction. Complaints were issued by tenants but obviously no action was taken despite one of the problems being identified- a third party agency is responsible for issuing notification of checks. Clearly tenants are held responsible for incompetence they are not responsible for.

It's a very good idea to ask for the ID of the switchboard operator, making a note of date and time and then checking on the morning of your appointment to see if it's still on.

How widespread is this abuse? Lets compare notes.

Admin
Admin

https://yhtenantsfirst.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum